We are seeking a talented and bright individual, with an interest in pursuing a career in production or technical management. The right candidate will have a thirst for learning and an inquisitive mind, with a “can do” work ethic and positive attitude. This is an unparalleled opportunity to establish critical production and technical skills as the Production Assistant will be supported and trained across a variety of projects by the Production Manager and other members of the technical team. Please note this position involves equal amounts of “hands on” work and administrative duties.
JOB DESCRIPTION | RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Supporting the Production Manager with the administration of the schedule and production budget.
• Supporting the Production Manager with the implementation of safety checks, fire safety procedures, inductions and relevant Health & Safety paperwork.
• Carrying out research and place orders as necessary.
• Maintaining stock levels of consumables.
• Minuting production meetings.
• General project production assistance as required.
• General research and administrative duties as required.
• Building and office keyholder with responsibility for opening up and closing/locking up.
• Maintaining and implementing systems for the technical storage spaces.
• Maintaining and setting up systems for the use of the paint store + CHOSHH cupboard.
• Maintaining and setting up systems for the use of the workshop.
• Generic lighting and sound rig maintenance.
• Programming with Qlab or the LX desk for specific events.
• To assist as an LX or Sound technician as necessary.
• Carrying out carpentry tasks/maintenance as necessary.
• Carrying out venue maintenance tasks as necessary.
• Delivery of any technical elements related to lighting, sound, AV and carpentry related to projects taking place in The Village.
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required of this position. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor restrictive and does not form part of the contract of employment.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Eager to take a ‘hands-on’, practical approach at assistant level.
• Excellent timekeeping and organisational skills.
• A proactive attitude towards technical and creative challenges.
• Equally confident working as a team and in taking initiative working alone.
• Experience of working or volunteering in events or theatre.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to be calm under pressure and maintain high standards.
• Good knowledge of Excel, Word and other Office programmes.
• Comfortable using basic power tools and working at height.
• Experience of working in a production department.
• Existing technical skills with theatrical sound or lighting.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures.
• An interest in the work of Punchdrunk and immersive theatre as a whole.
• Holder of a clean UK or EU Driving License.
• Standard 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
• 1 month probation (notice during probation 1 week on either side)
• 6 weeks’ notice period
• £19,000 per annum
• TOIL provision
• Pension scheme in operation
• 25 days holiday per annum + UK bank holidays
• Place of Work: Punchdrunk offices in London
• Direct Report to Production Manager
• Due to the nature of this role some evening or weekend work will be required
RECRUITMENT TIMELINE • Deadline for applications: 12noon, 11th April 2017 • Shortlisted candidates to be notified by: Tuesday 18th April 2017 • Interview: Thursday, 20th April 2017 • Contract commences: 1 st May 2017