Sheffield Theatres, Sheffield
- Drafting and negotiating creative team and actor contracts
- Assist the theatre’s freelance Casting Directors with administrative arrangements for auditions, booking audition rooms inside and outside of Sheffield when required, maintaining accurate updated information for bookings of spaces within the complex.
- Produce all readings and workshops, including new projects and programmes of work to support the theatres’ artistic policy both inside and outside the buildings
- Work closely with the Fundraising and Communications teams to develop collaborative and audience development opportunities.
- Support the production team over logistics, schedules and expenditure.
- Work closely with the Company Manager to ensure accurate database information sheets for contractual reference.
- Support and promote all company policies, with specific attention to Equality & Diversity, Customer Care, Health & Safety and Data Protection.
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times with particular regard to the health, safety and welfare of customers, visitors and staff.
- As a term of your employment you may also be asked to undertake other such appropriate duties as and when required of you, as well as being asked to work flexible hours to suit the operation of the organisation.
- Participate in all training and development initiatives as required.
- Comply with the organisation’s policies and legal obligation regarding health and safety, environmental health and employment practices.
- The position of Assistant Producer may involve access to persons who are disabled or under the age of 18 or over 65 and appointment is subject to being checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly Criminal Records Bureau). If you refuse to apply to be checked or there is evidence that you may be unsuitable to work with children or vulnerable adults any offer of employment with Sheffield Theatres will be withdrawn.
PERSON SPECIFICATION/ COMPETENCIES
- Passion for theatre.
- Previous experience of producing theatre.
- Ability to communicate and deal with people in an effective and diplomatic way.
- Ability to manage your own time effectively while juggling multiple tasks, often under pressure, whilst maintaining good humour.
- Ability to act on your own initiative.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Energy and motivation.
- Previous experience of working in an office environment.
- Full driving licence.