Punchdrunk International, London
This position is newly created and we are seeking a talented and bright individual, whose personality will suit the collaborative nature of our busy, hard-working team. The right candidate will have unparalleled communication skills as well as a passion for organisation and accuracy. They will be able to ensure the smooth administrative running of the Artistic Director’s office as well as other members of the Senior Management team in specific key areas. Please note: this is not a creative role, but an administrative one.
Providing high-level administrative and general support to the Artistic Director ensuring the smooth running of his schedule, including the management of calls and correspondence, a busy diary, the organisation of internal and external meetings and expense claims. When the Artistic Director travels abroad, the Executive Assistant will make travel and accommodation arrangements, and plan work itineraries.
• Knowledge and understanding of the theatre industry, or performing arts and some knowledge of the theatre-making process
• Previous administrative experience within a supporting role • Ability to manage upwards and predict needs before they arise
• The ability to forward plan, be proactive and use initiative in managing busy schedules • Proven ability to deal diplomatically, sensitively and discretely with confidential information and with a wide range of people
• Positive, friendly and approachable when dealing with a wide range of staff and artists at all levels
• Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to pitch communications at the right level
• The ability to focus, whilst working in a busy office, and handle multiple tasks
• Highly organised, efficient, flexible and able to work independently with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent typing and IT skills
• Excellent phone manner
• A keen interest in Punchdrunk’s canon, although this post is not suitable for an aspiring theatre director/writer/ performer.
NOTES TO APPLICANTS: If you are called for an Interview you will be required to sign a Punchdrunk International Non-Disclosure Agreement in advance of the meeting.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please submit your CV and a brief statement (maximum 1 A4 side) describing your suitability for the position and specifically how your experience matches the person specification. Applicants should provide contact details for two references and we will seek your permission before making direct contact with any referees. Please note that it is likely we will seek to take up 1 reference for candidates progressing to second interview, prior to making an offer. Please address your application to Lucy Whitby (General Manager) and submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Friday 27th January 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 10am on Thursday 2nd February if they will be invited to first interview on Tuesday 7th or Wednesday 8th February 2016. Second interviews are likely to take place on or around 10th February 2016. Please notify us if you cannot attend the specified interview dates at the time you submit your application. All offers of employment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.